Monday, September 17, 2012

2 month update

So I have completed 2 months with Straight Talk. There is even a new deal to lower my costs further.


I have to say that I am extremely pleased with both their service and price. Straight talk comes in at $45 per month plus applicable taxes which takes my bill to almost $50 per month. I always have access to voice and text and edge data. Yes I know how bad Edge data is, but at least it is always available wherever I go. HSPA+ is strong here along the I-95 corridor where I live and travel, so I usually see speeds of 5-7 Mbps down and 2-3 up. Not LTE speeds but quite good for what I need it for (GPS, some music streaming, general browsing etc).

For those on the fence, I recommend at least giving it a shot. You really have nothing to lose. No contract is extremely freeing and having unlimited everything (data is supposedly a 2GB cap before throttling) is great when you dont have to worry anymore about using too many minutes or texts. Saving about $55 per month is pretty awesome and you just can't beat that.



Straight Talk is now offering a special for those that sign up for Auto Replenish with their service get a $2.50 discount, off of the $45, that is automatically applied at the time of replenishment. This has taken by bill down to $45.77 including taxes and other charges (911 etc).

I hope that all of those out there who are reading this blog are finding this information useful. I was tired of being stuck with the major carriers and paying so much for service. I know that prepaid is not for everyone, but if you take the time to do the research and math, you can see that saving thousands of dollars over the period of 2 years, even with the cost of buying a smartphone at retail price, is significant enough to warrant consideration.

Take the time to check it out for yourselves at www.straighttalksim.com

Keep a look out for updates on other developments with new and existing carriers by subscribing to my blog.

Thanks for all your support,

-Matt

1 comment: